Welcome to the World’s
Most Exciting Classroom
Over 100 weeks (from August 2023 to July 2025), DARWIN200 will beam out weekly classroom episodes intended to inspire children’s curiosity and passion for learning. The World’s Most Exciting Classroom is completely free to join!
Darwin200: Putting the Adventure Back into Science.
Every week, we will bring to you:
- interactive experiments inspired by Charles Darwin’s research and discoveries. Complete these experiments at home or at school to win 3 * £50 weekly prizes.
- live lectures and interviews with amazing conservationists and wildlife specialists (where possible, beamed from exotic locations).
- a weekly kahoots quiz (with a £50 prize).
- a Darwin story exploring a different aspect of Charles Darwin’s discoveries, research and life.
- live uplinks via Starlink (where possible). Meet the sailors and researchers aboard the historic tall ship Oosterschelde.
- Interviews with Darwin Leaders. Find out about their incredible conservation projects and ask them any questions about their findings.
- Curiosity of the Week. At the end of every World’s Most Exciting Classroom, we will show you an unusual and interesting natural history object – can you work out what it is? Submit your answers before next week’s session to find out!
- and more!
Win a trip to the Galapagos for your class
Details to be Announced Soon
ONLINE CLASSROOM Schedule
One hundred weekly events brought to you by DARWIN200 and Exploring by the Seat of Your Pants.
WEEK 3: Komodo Dragons, Chameleons and more!
Date: 7th September
WEEK 4: Sea Turtles, Octopus and Charles Darwin’s Specimens
Date: 15th September | Link: https://www.youtube.com/live/BZ7YkzQJ3Uo
Join the DARWIN200 Community and follow our Journey of Discovery
Sign up to our newsletter and follow the DARWIN200 global voyage as we sail around the world.